Happy Thursday morning! Only one more day until the weekend, which also means one more day for all you K-12 PE teachers to give one, or several, of our SandBell drills a try! The drills mentioned today all focus specifically on games that involve SLAMMING and smashing the SandBell onto the floor. So, lets get to it!
Thrill Drill #1: Bam Slam
- Student holds the SandBell with two hands, high above their head, arms fully extended.
- SLAM the SandBell down onto the floor.
- Challenge students to see how loud of a noise their slam can make, or how many slams they can do in 30 seconds.
Thrill Drill #2: Wood Chopper Slam
- Instruct students to stand in a straddle position, holding the SandBell with two hands.
- SLAM the SandBell from side to side.
- Challenge students to see how many slams they can do in 30 seconds, or place colored dot “targets” on each side of their feet and have them slam the SandBell onto each target.
Thrill Drill #3: Slam and Surf
- Bam slam each SandBell onto the floor.
- After the SandBell has landed, have the student jump onto the SandBell and try to balance when they land.
- Challenge students to see if they can jump with one foot onto the SandBell and balance, or jump and turn before landing.
That’s it for this week’s Thrill Drill! Give these drills a try, come up with your own or have your students get inventive with their own drills. As always, we’d love to hear your feedback so let us know what you or your students think!!