Welcome back to Thursday’s P.E. Drill Thrill! This week, we’re shaking things up a bit, and bringing you not only a couple awesome SandBell drills, but also a video demonstration of one of the drills!
The first drill is a SandBell teamwork game, “Over Under Pass Down the Line.”
Set-Up: Divide students into two lines/teams, and give one SandBell to the first person in each line.
- The first student in each line gets in a squat position and passes the SandBell under and over each leg, then slams it on the ground and runs to the back of the line.
- The next person in line grabs the SandBell and repeats the over-under exercise.
- The first line to have every person complete the drill first wins!
Click here to view the video to see how this drill is supposed to be executed.
The second drill, Flip Jumps, is a great exercise to add to a SandBell circuit.
Set-Up: One SandBell per student. Arrange students around the gym with enough room to safely do a squat jump. If there are not enough SandBells for each student, put students into groups and have each student perform the exercise for 30 seconds and then switch.
- Student starts in a squat position, with the SandBell in-between their legs on the floor.
- Flip the SandBell back and forth four times, then do a squat jump.
- Repeat and see how many Flip Jumps each student can do in 30 seconds.
That’s it for this week’s P.E. Drill Thrill! As always, try out these drills and let us know what you think. Be sure to check back in two weeks for more great SandBell drills, activities and games!