This SandBell sandbag workout contains five (5) multi-joint exercises that target all the major muscles and movements to increase strength, endurance and calorie burn.
• Use a medium to heavy weight SandBell for sand weight training
• Perform the exercises in a circuit
• Complete 10 reps of each exercise in each direction
• Rest for 30 seconds at the end of each circuit
• Perform five full SandBell sandbag circuits
1. SandBell Front Squat
• Stand upright holding the SandBell against your upper chest with your arms crossed in front
• Squat down, pushing your hips back and bending your knees
• Return back up to start position
2. SandBell Overhead Press
• Stand holding the SandBell in front at shoulder height
• Press the SandBell overhead, extending your arms fully.
• Lower the SandBell back down in front to shoulder height and repeat
3. SandBell Shouldering Slam
• Stand holding the SandBell over one shoulder height
• Slam it down to the floor between your feet, dropping into a squat
• Pick the SandBell up as you come back upright and swing it up onto the opposite shoulder
• Slam it back down and repeat, alternating shoulders
4. SandBell Push Up
• Start at the top of a push up with one hand one a SandBell
• Lower your chest down towards the floor then push back up to top position
• Reach across with the opposite hand and drag the SandBell to the other side
• Place the other hand on the SandBell and perform a push-up
4. SandBell Ribbon
• Hold a SandBell to the outside of one knee with your arms straight and knees slightly bent.
• Raise the SandBell up and diagonally across your body to over the opposite shoulder.
• Rotate the SandBell around the back of your head to the other shoulder.
• Lower the SandBell down across your body to the outside of the opposite knee.
Also check out some of our other SandBell workouts for sandbag training:
Hyperwear Director of Education