Welcome back to Thursday’s K-12 P.E. Drill Thrill! This week, we’re bringing you two cardio based SandBell games, along with a video demonstration.
Game #1: Chest Thrust Line Sprint
Set-Up: Divide students into two lines, 8 to 10 feet apart from each other, and give each line a SandBell.
- The first student in each line takes the SandBell and throws it as far down the court/field as they can.
- Student runs out to the SandBell, tags the Bell, then runs to the back of their line.
- The next student in line runs to the SandBell, picks it up and throws it as far as they can, runs to the SandBell, tags it, and then runs to the back of their line.
- Repeat until each student has gone.
- First line to get all their students through wins!
Game #2: Not Me!
Set-Up: Divide students into groups of four, designate each group a general area to stay in around the gym and give each group one SandBell.
- When the music starts, teammates in each group of four passes the SandBell from person to person.
- When the music stops, the student with the SandBell is “it” and attempts to tag one of their other teammates.
- Begin playing the music again after 20 to 30 seconds.
- Run through the game until each student has been “it” at least once.