Do you read Men’s Fitness Magazine?
In the June/July 2011 issue of Fitness Magazine is an article about Major League Baseball’s Joey Votto workout routine . The article is all about his preseason training , complete with some notes on the actual workout he does at IMG Baseball Academy under the direction of trainer, Corey Stenstrup.
He just happens to use Hyper Wear’s SandBells! Take a look at this awesome full-body, SandBell slam:
All I can say is, that SandBell is fixin’ to prove its worth!
Here’s a breakdown of Votto’s workout:
Powerplate, one set each:
- Bodyweight squat
- Squat with cables
- Squat overhead press combo
- Squat lateral raise combo
Movement drills: low-grade plyometrics (20 minutes)
- Medball angled half lunge multi-response throws (2×10-15)
- Layer core/posture pose- 20sec/side
- Single DB clean (sandbell surface): 2-4 reps per set
- Sandbell windmill slams: 2-4 reps per set each side
- Ring pulls-knee tuck (two reps at a time): 3-6 reps per set
- Grid push up+2 pos 3sec iso (sandbell on upper torso): 3-6 per set
- Single arm sandball shoulder combo: 6 each arm/each slot (one set)